Monday, November 1, 2010

My 28th birthday.......

Wow I'm actually 28.... I have come a long way from the eleven year old sitting on the pilar at church.  I'm still that same girl, don't get me wrong I will always have those morales instilled in me no matter what.  The difference from then and now is that I'm not the little girl that saw the world through a looking glass. 
The little girl who had no worries and life only seemed hard  when my mom would say,  "You have to wait to get the Barbie Doll Dream Car or House". Now that I'm 28, I look back, and I would give anything to just worry about a doll or a toy.  My responsibilities are not just to myself, now have my own two children who have the same worries that I had as a child. I just look, smile and think they have no idea,  what's to come for them when they get my age.  I'm still very young at least I like to think so, there are so many more things I have to and need to  learn.  I have been on this journey for the last 28 years. I have cried, smiled, lived and loved.  I would not take anything back for nothing........Because the trial and tribulation that I have gone through along this path are what has made me who I am today.


Said the little boy, “Sometimes I drop my spoon.”
Said the old man, “I do that too.”
The little boy whispered, “I wet my pants.”
“I do that too,” laughed the old man.”
Said the little boy, “I often cry.”
The old man nodded, “So do I.”
“But worst of all,” said the boy, “it seems
Grown-ups don’t pay attention to me.”
And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand.
“I know what you mean,” said the old man.
- - - - Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment