Monday, November 29, 2010

And a New Journey Begins!!!

So I have made it through my English course.... Ya!!  I never thought I would see the light...lol. This has been a very wonderful experience for me.  I met some new friends. I could express my thoughts on a blog; which I have never done before, and I learned something all in the same ten weeks... Go Me!! 
With this being my last entry for class, I would just like to say I will still continue to Blog I love it.  It is a way that you can put your feelings out there, be creative, and have someone listen to what you have to say.

With, a new journey beginning in 2011 for most of us,  I want to say blogging will allow me to see the progression or the change in me.  I have already noticed  a difference in my writing,  and how I say , and think things.  So in 2011 I say "And a New Journey Begins, I will move on,  and take what I have learned, and apply it to all that is out there.

Thanks class and Professor


Tasha

1 comment:

  1. Interesting reading today in my World Words book. I used to bake bread, but have not for a long time. Maybe I will bake some tomorrow!

    Monday's reading:

    "khleeb (hkhlehb) Ukraine
    Life-sustaining peasant bread

    Though our physical forms but clothing for the spirit, they require good care to function properly. A healthy diet and regular exercise contribute to the quality of our lives, and paying attention to what and how we eat becomes another mindful practice.
    In the early 1970s at the Whitney Museum in New York City an exhibit of breads from around the world filled an entire room with simple and profound diversity. Like a visual culinary safari, the exploration yeilded many delights, from popcorn sized nuggests to huge loaves, to the rich variety of sweet frybreads, to dark solid mounds of khleeb. When was the last time you made bread, and experienced the profound joy of sharing it with friends, while it was still warm and fresh from the oven? We can be very happy sitting at a table with people we love, smiling at each other, and partaking of a simple repast. Talking together or enjoying the food in silence, we can appreciate our bounty and see how fortunate we are, for so many lack the precious gifts of both food and companionship. With the first bite of any edible we can always be reminded of this and be filled with great compassion. We can discover joy and taste the whole universe in a morsel of bread.

    I am grateful for the food on my table" (La Cerva, 1999).

    ReplyDelete